About the Intensive
Take a week to work on your improv and acting skills this summer. First we’ll cover the basics of improv acting, so you know how to walk on the stage with nothing and create worlds. Then we will get in there and work with your improv to make it as full and rich as possible. Including playing with character, timing, interactions, reactions, and working together. By the end of the week you’ll be ready to take the stage in our own performance for your friends and family. And blow them away!
Visit our main Improv Summer Camp page for information on camps for younger children.
Teen Intensive Topics
Each of our Teen Intensives will have a special topic, or improv format, that is used to focus the instruction.
July 19-23 – In Person – Games and Fun!
If you like Whose Line Is It Anyway you’ll love this class. We did into what really makes improv and comedy work by playing games that will delight audiences anywhere. We will end with a showcase on Friday at 4:00 to show off our new skills.
Times, Dates, And Details
Annex – 5555 N. Lamar B103
|July 19 – 23 @ annex|
Instructor: TBDGames and Fun!
|Mon – Fri, 1:00 – 5:00|
The showcases for the teen intensives will be 4:00-5:00 on Friday.
How will we keep you healthy?
Guidelines and regulations are changing quickly. At this time the plan we have in place is:
- All teachers will be vaccinated for Covid
- All teachers will wear masks, if vaccinations are not determined to prevent the spread of Covid.
- No more than 10 teens in a group.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitation.
- Daily cleaning of surfaces.
- More outside time.
How Does it Work?
- To reserve a spot in one of our summer teen intensives you will pay a $30 deposit.
- We will send you a registration form so that we have all your information.
- In May we will open up full registration. We will email you a coupon code for $60 to apply to your full registration.
- If you do not pay the full price or contact us before June, your spot will no longer be reserved.
- Once your spot is fully paid, you just sit back and relax until the first day of the intensive.
- In May, if it looks unlikely that we can have an in person intensive we will refund your deposit or apply it to a virtual intensive.
We understand that cancellations are sometimes necessary.
If you need to cancel anytime up until a week before the start of the camp you are registered for we will refund you the price you paid, minus a $25 administration fee. If you want to transfer to another camp there will be no penalty.
If you cancel with less than one weeks notice, we will refund you half of the price you paid, or allow you to switch to another camp minus a $25 administration fee.
If you don’t show up or cancel after the start of the camp there will be no refund unless you have a doctors note, or other compelling emergency. In these cases you will only be issued a credit of the amount you paid for another camp, or class at the Hideout Theatre minus a $25 administration fee.
All Cancelations should be in writing – email is preferred.